Friday, August 2, 2013

tutorial: what to do with your leftover chipboard

Hi all!

Ever wondered what to do with all those negatives and all the little pieces of chipboard?


As a huge fan of all the chippies, I save ALL the leftovers,
 the negatives and even all the smallest pieces!
Today I want to share three different ways featuring those leftovers:
Two canvases and a card.
I made a tutorial of this canvas.


All you need for this canvas is:

All kind of negatives and little bits of chipboard
Some Imaginarium letters
Glimmermist
Paper
Gesso
Paint
Mod podge
Some flowers
Beads

Let's start with the tutorial:

 Randomly glue down some paper of your choice with Mod Podge.
Here I used the Engraver paper collection from Prima. 

Add some of the leftovers and negatives.

Give it all a coat of gesso.

Don't let all the color and paint scare you!

Tone it down with gesso.
Mmmm....maybe a bit more gesso?

Yes...this is what I had in mind!

Some details:


 

As a final touch I added some letters, a few flowers and some beads.




For this second canvas I didn't use the colors but added lots of flowers!


Some details:







Products used:
Prima Engraver collection
Prima flowers
Prima art tiles
Tim Holtz metal label
gesso 
mod podge
tulle
buttons

My last project is this card where I used the negative of the 9 cogs on Board 
and a small piece of the Cross Hatch.




Other products used:
Glimmermist
Gesso
Prima: clock
black and white pen
Rayher: brads


Hope you all enjoyed the tutorial and my projects!
Enjoy your day!
Ingrid xxx



31 comments:

  1. Brilliant! I really want to have a go at this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are genius, Ingrid. I have to try it too

    ReplyDelete
  3. очень стильные работы! потрясающе красивые и интересные!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Спасибо за подробности! Это супер креативно и красиво!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, how clever is that! Gorgeous projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Ingrid you are the best......great projects xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. THIS IS AMAZING Ingrid! I LOVE IT! What an awesome idea... This is why i LOVE your work and everything you create. Nothing is ever boring :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Супер! Очень красиво!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cretive projects, Ingrid! I also like to use leftover pieces :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally Awesome!!!! Brilliant usage of the leftovers Ingrid, and done with such artistic flair...loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG these projects are amazing... and I have been tossing them all... NO more. I love all of them Thanks for sharing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great ideas, of course now I will be hoarding my negatives instead of throwing them away! I think I might need a new storage box!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that is just stunning, love, love, love it! What a fantastic way to use up chipboard leftovers, I think I neeeeed one for my wall! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really beautiful! I love the final effect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Running all around doing happy dance!!! I always knew eventually I would find something to do with all of the negative chipboard!!!! Loving what you did!!!
    I am so following you!!!!
    Jackie P
    A new stalker HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a great idea! I am afraid of canvases but I might actually try this technique!!! Great work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What great ideas, and the results are just amazing, love this!!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful idea. I'll have to start saving my bits abd pieces

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are such a creative artist!! And I mean 'artist' to the fullest extent of the word. You never lack in imagination!! Gorgeous stuff here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Definitely giving this a try.tfs.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are so clever, Ingrid-thanks for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete