Sunday, October 23, 2016

Off The Page Projects

Hi, Carol Theng here today sharing 2 off the page projects. Halloween is coming so I made a cute miniature Halloween scene. Also made a fairy themed mixed media canvas.

"Halloween"


Using a Halloween wooden box from Daiso, I adhere patterned paper and diecut 2 mountain ranges. Pop up one mountain range.


Painted all the chipboard with black glittery acrylic paint. For the house chipboard, I outline and cut out another background piece with black cardstock, punch a hole around door area. Then I create a "pocket" space behind the black cardstock, using foam tape to hide the Papertreyink light.




Stamped and colored 4 Clearly Besotted Halloween themed figures with color pencils. Using foam tape to make them stand and adhere to base of box. Also stamped some bats, pop some up with foam tape on wall and hang 2 bats using thread and tape to ceiling of box.


The 2 pumpkins are made with paper clay and painted with acrylic paints. Also added some plastic webs and spiders, bought from Daiso.

"Fairytale Ending"


Love this 6 by 12 inches canvas piece. People would ask me how I get ideas to do a mixed media piece. I had no formula. I simply chose the materials I wanted to use and piece them together and the idea just evolved from there.


I position the chipboard pieces and lace etc, then think of the background.


Using texture paste and 2 stencils, I created a simple white textured background. Adhered the lace with matte multi-medium. adhered the chipboards and gesso them with foam sponge brush. From there, an idea of a fairy house evolved.


Glued down some glass pebbles and dew drops of varying sizes and colors with multi-medium. For the biggest glass pebbles, I gesso over them. Then misted over with 3 colors (bronze,forest green and aqua). Also flicked same mists randomly over the canvas.



Cut out fairy, leaves and butterfly from patterned paper. Pop up fairy with foam tape and adhere to let it "sit" on window. Folded the leaves and adhered with Prima flowers.  Also folded the wings of the butterfly and adhered.



Painted the chipboard title with black glittery paint and randomly inked with white chalk ink.




Here's the chipboards that I have used:







Hope you like my project sharing today. Thanks for dropping by.


2 comments:

  1. The mini Halloween scene is adorable but the Fairytale Ending canvas is delightful! Love all the little details and textures!! So pretty! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Fairytale Ending canvas too. Well done.

    ReplyDelete